As the fig leaves fell around me, I picked a whole tub of tomatoes, pulled 2 leek and 2 beetroot for tomorrow's Sunday roast lunch, planted pak choi seedlings I sowed a few weeks back into soil that I turned for the first time with our own compost. Am loving the inner city garden and produce, and getting my hands dirty! My first ever garden and it really does feel so good, especially as it feeds us, the dog and the worm farm.
Can't believe we're still getting so many tomatoes, everything's so out of whack after the wet December, dry autumn, heat waves and 46c "Black Saturday". Our poor Nashi Pear tree hasn't fruited all summer, yet now it has yellowed autumn leaves, fruit AND buds for next summer's growth all at once. The lemon tree is heavily laden, still a few weeks off being ripe and I can't wait to start picking lemons, drinking lemons, having enough lemons to throw around for Mirka [the lemon-loving boxer].
On another note, am still pretty devastated that Nick Cave has shaved off the 'stache. He was so.... dirty in a sexy kinda way with that!! Who knows what he'll surprise us with next? Hoping for the next Grinderman album sometime soon, but with a Bad Seeds festival tour in Europe in July/August and the release of his second novel in September, that album may not come out until the end of the year. At least I have most of the back catalogue to devour in the meantime. Where do I start?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

"who knows what he'll surprise us with next?"
ReplyDeletehas he been on the cover of The Womens Weekly yet?
maybe his new novel will be inspired by the story of a nobody whose manager gets his band a series of gigs in Tasmania and before the first one, The Nobody gets drunk and drives (without a licence) a girl's car, which he then crashes into a police car, causing the girl injuries which hospitalised her.
and they all appeared in court, wiping out any profit the tour might have made.
Tales Of The City indeed.